Tuesday, August 31, 2004

RNC, Day 2: A Nausiating Display of Psuedo Pop Culture Sans the Issues


"I once was in a movie called 'True Lies'...I think that's what John Kerry should call his campaign." I'm paraphrasing as I watch Arnold's speech right now, but that's basically how he opened his speech. Can you say fluff?

He also used terms like, "economic girly-man" (another derrogatory reference to the Kerry's campaign), and of "Arnold, I'll be back!" to a rousing round of applause. Will his block-buster movie references ever be replaced with a real debate on the issues?

As I anticipated the thesis of his speech is a string of self-congratulatory, imperialistic rhetoric about freedom and the American dream that "they" (the axis of evil) hate, which George W. Bush will preserve.
Yes, I enjoy and appreciate certain freedoms that come with being an American citizen, but how the hell is George W. Bush gonna improve my quality of life and my economic interests?

And...oh my God, here comes George W's daughters to further soil the world's views of Americana.
I gotta get back to this. This is absolutely mortifying. I think this was scripted by an MTV writer.
Did they just say, "Shake it like a polaroid picture?"
More on this developing atrocity later...

No comments: