Monday, September 20, 2004

Don't Make Me Cut Ya!


Before I was able to access a decent cup of coffee for my commute to work, I grabed a copy of this morning's NY Metro edition instead. Misfortune reared its ugly head and cackled back at me from page 14.
Me: Horrified.

It's easy for me to forget how noticeably distressing it is to see images of New York socialite, Jocelyn Wildenstein--a classic case study in the dangers of excessive plastic surgery.
Sadly, she started out looking quite beautiful until she was talked into erasing all traces of her ethnicity and humanity. The end results were ghoulish...but she's filthy rich so she gets to whoop it up with all the celebs during Fashion Week in New York.

It's sheer agony for me to envision the obscene amounts of cash that society's elite pour into themselves and other material items like cosmetic surgery. The amount of money it costs to complete one surgical procedure could, in all likelihood, wipe out all of my current debt AND I'd still secure a nice savings for myself.

The things folks in this country subject themselves to, to try to fit into pop culture's mold of social acceptance, is phenomenal! Elective mutilation at what cost?

Oh, well, it's only tons of money! I aint mad at ya, Jocelyn.

1 comment:

kimikkal said...

unfortunatly this kind of "beings" (i don't like calling them "humans" because they seem like made of plastic) are scattered all over the world, here in Portugal there are also a phew of them and it's strange to see them, they seem like robots made for tv and magazines, smiling and waving. They remind me the aliens in John Carpenter's "They Live!" where we only could see them through special glasses.