Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Sun and Soup

So, it's Wednesday and we had a divisional meeting (I'm an administrator at a university) this morning that went on for a little over an hour and a half.
Some interesting tid-bits. General assessment....yawn.

After the Wed. meeting, I got greedily made my way to over to Hale and Hearty. They probably have the best soup in New York City. Today, I had the low-fat, vegetarian lentil chile with some delish oyster biscuits. Love it! Reallly good. Highlight of my day so far.
Not something I'd get regularly as they exceed my reasonable price range for the city.
I only treat myself to their soups when I'm in and around mid-town Manhattan.
I work in the lower-east side campus, where you can get a decent meal, like a falafal for under $5 bucks.
Ah..My soup and a nice stroll. Today's weather is perfect. Sunny, clear and dry.

Yes folks, the reality of city living for the many living on the fringes of society. I got something for the GOP convention next month---stay in DC! But I try not to sweat it.

Faith and a good...very good sense of humor keeps me together and on top of my daily expenditures, including my rent--$900/month BTW and climbing. Just me and a single bi-weekly paycheck. Mmmhmm! A temporary situation that I'm fixin' to change.
Meanwhile, my retirement plan: Mega Millions!

No comments: