Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Is it Friday yet?

It's raining , chilly and crappy Tuesday in NYC. Not a good for my lengthy lunchtime stroll.

I'm already looking forward to the weekend. I want to get some writing done and house cleaning.

My mom had been visiting from Haiti. She's been at my place for a few weeks now and it's been a great visit. Now she's off to visit my sister in Baltimore, MD tomorrow.
She'll be missed. I think she's already missing the tropical heat since NYC's summer weather pattern has been so up and down in temperature. One day it's sweltering hot, the next it's like early Fall. Very strange.

On a brighter note, I just remebered that I put in for a vacation day this Friday, so it's a 4-day week for me. AND tomorrow's weekly Wed. meeting has been CANCELLED...very exciting!

I think I'll aim to do some writing for a good portion of the day on Friday @ this coffee shop a couple of blocks down the street from my place on Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn. The place is call The Flying Saucer Cafe. It's very nice. They're open @ 5a on Saturday to accomodate the late night clubbers. There's plenty of cozy couches and writing spaces with outlets for laptops. However, the last time I was there, the music was a bit loud and it was some R&B crap, but generally they play some nice stuff. Thursday nights they have a live DJ spinning some tunes.
I haven't heard them play any Roy Ayers or Fela Kuti yet. Their tunes always cheer me up and spark my creative juices. Oddly enough, his beats also make me a little swervy and horny. It's just good stuff. I was jamming out to my favs, "Life is Just A Moment," and "Everybody Loves the Sunshine," at the office this morning. It definitely made the day swing by a little faster.
BTW, one of the best web site to purchase the best tunes, bossa, acid jazz, house, afro-brazilian, world, 60s, 70s, revolutionary soul orchestral jammin' beats....is Dusty Grove. Great for DJs or wannabe DJs.

Friday night I plan on having dinner with my friends Steve (visiting from PA) and Francisco on the Upper West Side at this place called Saigon Grill. It's almost always packed, but the food is fantastic and reasonably priced.

More later...

No comments: